The newest LifeStraw® Product available to the public is LifeStraw® Home, a Counter Top Filter that is perfect for the supply of clean water for homes and businesses, and can be used in both humanitarian aid and domestic use.
The high-capacity Countertop Water Purifier has an integrated safe storage chamber. It uses a 3 stage chemical-free ultrafiltration process and is gravity powered, eliminating the need for electrical inputs.
LifeStraw® Home is ideal if local water is of poor quality or for disaster response for households or emergency accommodation centres.
The LifeStraw® Home Counter Top incorporates the award-winning LifeStraw® Filter Technology performant Home Water Filter System.
- Compliant with stringent WHO and US-EPA standards and uses raw materials which are US Food and Drug Administration compliant
- Has a capacity of 18 Litres & ensures immediate access to purified water via the 9 litre built-in safe storage container
- Removes: 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes: 99.99% of viruses (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Removes: 99.99% of protozoan parasites (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Turbidity, removes suspended particles larger than 0.02 microns
- Chlorine and trace chemicals from Household water
- NO electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
- Requires NO running water or piped-in water supply
- Uses no chemicals for filtration
- Has extremely long life of 4500 Lt – lowest cost per litre of water compared to other bench filters
- No after taste as it contains no iodine or iodinated resin chemicals
- Replacement filters are available
The Vestergaard LifeStraw Water Filtration products all use a state-of-the-art water filter that utilises microfiltration membrane technology filtering down to 0.2 microns therefore removing 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of protozoan cysts (making it effective against Giardia, a common problem in Australia and New Zealand!). Impressively, LifeStraw achieves these results without the use of any chemicals such as iodine!
LifeStraw® Home is the ultimate Family Purification Product for Emergency Preparedness, This handy Home Countertop Filter will filter up to a 4,500L of contaminated water. Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts.
The science behind LifeStraw®
Backed by serious research in our international labs and extensive testing in the field, LifeStraw® and LifeStraw® Family have been distributed to nearly every major international humanitarian disaster since 2005 and in broad public health campaigns in the millions.
The same high-tech design used in places like Haiti, Pakistan, Peru, Kenya, Indonesia, DR Congo, South Africa, Mexico, and Bangladesh is now available for consumers.
Note: This item cannot ship overseas!